My Blog List

Sunday 15 January 2012

Top Recycling Tip : turn old knitting needles into bangles

My fashionista friend Mary Jane Baxter deserves an award for the way she recycles, creating new outfits from old with a few inspired touches. (In the run-up to William and Kate's marriage she managed three wedding dresses for £10 each for a BBC tv challenge - see http://greenjottings.blogspot.com/2011/01/wedding-dress-for-10.html.)  Her speciality is conjuring up unusual accessories from the most unlikely materials and she's now sharing these ideas free on her blog.
Her first project was to turn an old knitting needle into a bangle (see left) - it takes only a few minutes. For instructions see http://maryjanemakes.com/mary-jane-blog
There'll be a weekly supply of Cheap Chic Tips to brighten our lives in the coming months. 

2 comments:

  1. wow... what a brilliantly simple way to recycle my old knitting needles! I wish I had thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, perfect. Fortunately, I found your website!
    Thanks for sharing! Swarovski Uk

    ReplyDelete